There is one dessert I make about once a year – chocolate cream pie. It’s a rich and decadent treat, but it’s a lot of work slaving over a hot stove to make homemade chocolate filling. I usually make it for something special like a birthday or Thanksgiving or Christmas.
This is a bit of a shortcut to that recipe for an easy weeknight dessert that your family with just love!
But, every once in awhile I’ll get a craving for it and whip up these cute little chocolate caramel cream pie bites instead. This time around I made them with dulce de leche whipped cream. That whipped cream is so good — I swear it makes any dessert ten times more wonderful. If you’d like the recipe for the dulce whipped cream, you can find it here.
For these little pie bites, I used these teeny tiny shortbread tartlet shells. They are so cute and one little tartlet shell is just a bit bigger than a quarter. So tiny! I found them at various grocery stores, except Walmart. I always find them at Kroger as they carry a store brand version. I did find one brand available at Amazon — you can see them here.
Chocolate Caramel Cream Pie Bites
- 1 pkg of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 pkg shortbread tartlets
- Dulce de leche syrup (Nestle’s Le Lechera syrup)
- a batch of Dulce de leche whipped cream
- Make the instant pudding.
- Lay out tartlets on a plate.
- Fill each tartlet with pudding. Chill until ready to serve.
- Make the dulce de leche whipped cream.
- Top each tartlet with whipped cream. Then, drizzle dulce de leche syrup on each one.
- Serve and enjoy! Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
That’s all there is to it! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Check out some more ideas for Dulce de Leche recipes here!