This weeks #SundaySupper theme is Welcome Spring. I couldn’t think of a more Spring-y recipe than a refreshing glass of Lavender Lemonade, but I decided to add a twist and make it limeade with a splash of vanilla.
I’ve been wanting to make a lavender drink for quite some time. I ordered this set of botanical herbs and I knew exactly what I was going to do with the lavender – make Vanilla Lavender Limeade.
You get a big bag of 2 cups of each of these herbs, and they are so lovely. There’s so much you can do with them! My next project is the rosebuds – stay tuned!
So here’s how I made the Vanilla Lavender Limeade.
I juiced 6 limes and 1 lemon, and then combined that with a simple syrup I made on the stove. I added about a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the simple syrup as it reached a boil.
My fine mesh strainer was no where to be found, so I used a paper towel and a colander and poured 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender to make lavender water. It comes out a pale yellow color. Then, I added 3 drops of neon purple food coloring to the limeade a lavender color. You can totally skip this step, but I thought it was so pretty.
This recipes makes about 2 quarts.
- 6 limes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons culinary lavender
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- Juice the limes and lemon and set aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour over the lavender in a fine mesh strainer.
- Add 1-3 drops of neon purple food coloring, if desired. Then, set aside.
- Mix together sugar, vanilla, and cold water. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved.
- As soon as all the sugar is dissolved remove from fire.
- Combine the sugar syrup with the lime/lemon juice in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Pour the lavender water into the pitcher and stir.
- Add 1-2 cups of ice to the pitcher.
- Serve immediately. Add a few lavender buds to the top of each drink for garnish.
This is a wonderfully refreshing drink. It’s not perfume-y in the least. Plus, you’ll get the calming and soothing benefits of lavender. A perfect drink after a long day!
Looking for more springtime fare? Check out all these amazing recipes!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement