This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
We are so busy during the week with work and school, and then after school kid activities and my husband’s work activities. There are nights I just don’t want to cook, but with a family of 5 eating out can be so expensive. Because of this, I’ve recently been working on my “dinner in less than 30 minutes” meals, and I have a couple I’d love to share with you.
To help me plan quick meals, I’ve been working on a weekly menu planning. With my plan, I create my grocery list. When I went grocery shopping last week, there were two of my meals that were one dish casseroles. One required soup and the other required salsa. Instead, I decided to try Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking for both.
I easily found them at Walmart next to the condensed Campbell’s soups. These are a little different as they come in a carton and you don’t need to add water. Originally, I was going to use Cream of Chicken, but I picked up Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock to add to my Chicken Noodle Casserole. For my 10-layer Mexican casserole, I usually use salsa or enchilada sauce, but this time I picked up the Mexican Style Tomato.
Chicken Noodle Casserole is an incredibly easy dish to make. After cooking the noodles, you’ll combine the veggies and chicken with them. Then, sprinkle breadcrumbs and cheese and bake for 15 minutes. You’re ready to eat in just about 20 minutes!
My preschooler loves the egg noodles and devoured them. This is a great dish to make ahead of time. It reheats really well. I’ve sent it to work with Nate and to school with my teenager a couple times this week for lunch.
Make dinner in less than 30 minutes with this quick and easy casserole.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking - Creamy Herb & Garlic
- 1 can of chunk chicken, drained
- 1 can of mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can ranch style beans (they might be called chili beans)
- 2 cups of cooked rice, any kind
- 8 oz meat - shredded chicken, turkey, taco meat, etc.
- 1/3 cup of cheedar cheese
- 1 cup of Skillet Queso
- 1 carton Campbell's Mexican Style Tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook and drain egg noodles.
- In a casserole dish combine noodles, chicken, and vegetables. Stir until combined.
- Pour the soup and chicken stock into the noodles. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then serve.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Begin layering with Skillet Queso topped with tortilla chips.
- Then, layer the rice, beans, meat in any order. Just add layers of the tomato soup, skillet queso, and crushed tortillas between the layers as you go.
- Top the casserole with the last of the crushed tortilla, the last of the tomato soup, and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 min
It’s easy to make homemade meals even during a busy week night by using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking. Try reinventing one of your recipes using the Soups for Easy Cooking to make a quick meal. in less than 30 minutes. You can be making weekend meals on a weeknight schedule!