I was at Sam’s Club the other day and bought a huge case of Capri Suns for kid lunches. When I got home, I pulled one out for me to drink. Then, I got to thinking, wouldn’t this be a tasty treat with some alcohol mixed in? So that’s what prompted me to make some Capri Sun-gria as I like to call it.
My absolute favorite Capri Sun flavor is Mountain Cooler, even when I was a kid, it was my fave. It’s full of berry flavors like raspberry and blackberry, so I thought it would be perfect to mix in for a delicious sangria.
I added strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries to the pitcher. I used huge strawberries I cut into halves.
Next, I poured in 3 pouches of Moutain Cooler Capri Suns and 1 cup of cranberry juice. Then, I added half a bottle of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot. (If you are not a wine lover, this one is nice and sweet. I usually don’t care for wine, but I like this one.). And lastly, I added about half a bottle of champagne. I like the bubbles! 😉
Have a fun sangria drink with Capri Sun -- Sun-gria!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 pint of raspberries
- 1/2 pint of blackberries
- 3-6 large strawberries sliced in half
- 3 pouches of Capri Sun Mountain Cooler drink
- 1 cup of cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 bottle of champagne (I used Brut)
- 1/2 bottle of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot
- Wash the berries and add to the pitcher.
- Wash and slice the strawberries and add to the pitcher.
- Pour in Capri Suns.
- Pour in cranberry juice cocktail.
- Add half a bottle of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot
- Add half a bottle of champagne.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
Then after you make a pitcher, head outside on a very snowy day in North Texas and set it out in the snow and take lots of pictures while the neighbors and their kids look at you weird. Next, come inside, turn on the Roku, get under an electric blanket, and drink a glass as you binge on House of Cards Season 3 while your kids are out playing in the snow.
Are you ready for House of Cards on Netflix? Me too! Though I am being nice and waiting Nate. He’s coming home early because of the weather.