One of the reasons I love the Christmas holidays is all the baking. I love to make all kinds of delicious baked goodies for everyone. And you know what else? You can find peppermint flavored everything! When I saw Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies in the stores, the perfect holiday dessert popped in my head — Peppermint Kiss Cheesecake Swirl Brownies!
Cheesecake brownies are always my favorite, but adding a holiday twist for Peppermint flavored ones is just melt in your mouth delicious! These brownies are so decadent. I just love the swirl of peppermint flavored cheesecake that runs through them. A combination like dark chocolate and candy cane is a match made in heaven.
These brownies begin with a cup of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa. If you love dark chocolate, these are definitely your brownies. Once I’ve added all the ingredients like eggs and sugar and more, then I fold in about 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips to the mix.
Next, I melt Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies and pour the melted candies into the cheesecake batter. See those little red crunchy peppermint balls? They are inside the Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies. I just love those little crunchies!
To add just a little something extra special, I fold in another cup of coarsely chopped Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies.
Next, it’s time to put it all together. I take half the dark chocolate brownie batter and spread it in the pan. Then, on top of that take turns dropping spoonfuls of the peppermint cheesecake batter and spoonfuls of the brownie batter until you’ve used up both. Use a knife to swirl them together.
Then, it’s baking time. I’ve found that baking them for 35-40 minutes is best. If you let them go too long, the cheesecake batter starts to burn. When you pull them out, they will look like they are still a little runny, but if you let cool, they firm up into the perfect brownies.
Then, it’s baking time. I’ve found that baking them for 35-40 minutes is best. If you let them go too long, the cheesecake batter starts to burn. When you pull them out, they will look like they are still a little runny, but if you let cool, they firm up into the perfect brownies.Print
- 10 tablespoons of butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Hersheyâs Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Hersheyâs Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, direct from the fridge
Peppermint Cheesecake Batter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Hersheyâs Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies, melted
- 1 cup Hersheyâs Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- optional: 5-8 drops of red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix butter, sugar, and eggs together.
- Combine flour and Hersheyâs Special Dark Cocoa Powder in separate bowl.
- Mix the cocoa mixture into the batter about 1/2 cup at a time until just mixed.
- Fold in the Hersheyâs Special Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cheesecake until creamy
- Melt the Hersheyâs Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies and pour into the batter as mixing.
- Fold in the chopped Hersheyâs Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies.
- If you want a redder look to the cheesecake, add a few drops of red food coloring. But, this step is completely optional. The melting candies give a lovely pink color.
- Take half the brownie batter and spread it in the bottom of the pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake batter and brownie batter on top.
- Then swirly gently.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool until they are firm.
Looking for some #NewTraditions when it comes to baking with Hershey’s products? Then head over and check out some other amazing recipes at The Hershey Company!