[disclaim]This is a sponsored post on behalf of Michael Angelo’s. All opinions are my own. [/disclaim]
Are you looking for something a little different for your holiday get togethers that’s easy? How about Italian? Michael Angelo’s makes it so easy with their multi-serve meals you can find right in the freezer section at the grocery store.
Michael Angelo’s is a family-owned and operated business, and they have a passion for quality foods. They always make their meals free of additives found in other frozen and prepared foods.
CEO Michael Angelo Renna and his mother Sara have been cooking Italian food the right way for years, and they’ve been bringing traditional Italian cooking methods and flavors to their full line of single-serve and multi-serve meals you can find right in the freezer aisle of your local grocery store.
As the school year winds down for the holidays, we’ve been going to night after night of special holiday performances for our children. I’ve been picking up easy meals from the grocery store.
After last night’s middle band performance, we invited family over for a little pre-holiday meal.
I served Michael Angelo’s Lasagna with Meat Sauce and Chicken Parmesan along with some tasty homemade side dishes. I made a Zucchini Cheese Bake and a Caprese Bread with sun dried tomatoes.
My favorite veggie is zucchini, so I love making it as a side dish. This time I made Zucchini Cheese Bake with fresh mozzarella and homemade garlic oil. It’s very easy to make.
I sliced up five zucchinis and layered them all around. I drizzled it in garlic olive oil. Then, I added fresh mozzarella cheese and about a few shakes of dried chopped onion. Then, I baked it along with the main dishes.
A delicious side dish for any Italian meal.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 zucchinis
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 loaf of Italian or French bread, split down the middle.
- 4 oz roasted minced garlic
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 jar of sun dried tomato halves
- Wash the zucchini and cut the ends off.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and layer it on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Drizzle garlic olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly over the zucchini.
- Layer the mozzarella over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
- Turn on the broiler for about 2 minutes to brown the cheese just a tiny bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Split the bread down the middle and set on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together 4 oz roasted minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Then spoon it over both pieces of bread and spread it out.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese over both pieces of bread.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and just a little bubbly.
- Add several sun dried tomato halves over each bread half.
- Slice and serve immediately.
This is a perfect meal when family comes together. It’s hearty and delicious, and serving Michael Angelo’s meals takes so much work out of it. All you need is the side dishes!
My kids loved the lasagna. It’s now my 5-year-old’s favorite meal. And, our teenager really enjoyed the chicken parmesan. The chicken was fork tender and the spaghetti was perfect! Everyone else really liked it, too. The Zucchini Cheese Bake and the Sun Dried Tomato Caprese Bread were perfectly paired with our main dishes. I’ll definitely be serving all this together again soon.
Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods are a great easy solution during busy times like the holidays! Look for them in the freezer section of your favorite grocery store. To find one near you, check their store finder HERE.
Didn’t that make you hungry? Well, right now you can win $25 in meal vouchers for Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods! Good luck!!