A delicious side dish for any Italian meal.
- 5 zucchinis
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 loaf of Italian or French bread, split down the middle.
- 4 oz roasted minced garlic
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 jar of sun dried tomato halves
- Wash the zucchini and cut the ends off.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and layer it on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Drizzle garlic olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle the salt evenly over the zucchini.
- Layer the mozzarella over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
- Turn on the broiler for about 2 minutes to brown the cheese just a tiny bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Split the bread down the middle and set on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together 4 oz roasted minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Then spoon it over both pieces of bread and spread it out.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese over both pieces of bread.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until cheese is completely melted and just a little bubbly.
- Add several sun dried tomato halves over each bread half.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Itailan Italian