Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/wp_3cau7w/thetiptoefairy.com/wp-content/plugins/meal-planner-pro/mpprecipe.php on line 376
Are you ready for A Wrinkle in Time? I cannot wait. I have a huge thing for time travel and dimensions. I inhale every book I can read on the subject. Though, this one was a bit beyond my brain when I was a kid. I just started reading it again to prepare for the movie, and I just love it.
Check out the trailer below! Doesn’t it look so amazing? They are three of my favorite ladies!
I’ve also got some fun activity sheets! There’ s a fortune teller, spot the difference, coloring pages, and mine and my kids’ favorite – a maze! Click any of the images below to download the whole set!
We can’t see a movie without a delicious treat, so here’s A Wrinkle in Time Cupcakes!
A Wrinkle in Time cupcakes
This will make 18 cupcakes.
When the cupcakes have cooled, you will make a swirled frosting.
After you’ve made the frosting, split it into three bowls.
- In one bowl add 2 drops of teal food coloring and mix until you have a light teal color
- In the second bowl add 3-5 drops of teal food coloring and mix until you get a dark teal color
- Leave the third bowl white
To create the swirled frosting, place the piping bag into a large cup and fold the sides over the edge of the cup. Take a big spoonful of light teal frosting and spoon it onto one side of the piping bag. Take a big spoonful of the white frosting and spoon it next to the teal color. Take a big spoonful of the dark teal frosting and spoon it next to the white icing.
Now remove the piping bag from the cup and squeeze it together.
Frost the top of the cupcake with the frosting. The frosting should come out in a swirl of colors.
The gold spray can get on the exposed part of the cupcake, so if you want to prevent that, you can shield it with a paper towel or a piece of paper before spraying. Then, lightly spray the white part of the frosting swirl and then also lightly spray the dark teal. Top it off with gold cake sprinkles.
Now you’re ready to eat!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-3 drops of teal food coloring
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- teal food coloring
- Gold cake spray
- Gold cake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and place liners in cupcake pan.
- With an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until creamed.
- Add egg and mix until fully incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Combine the heavy cream into the wet mixture.
- Add in the flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add in the sour cream.
- Add the drops of food coloring.
- Spoon batter into each liner about 1/2 full.
- Bake in oven for about 20-22 minutes or until the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the food coloring, and mix on low speed with an electric mixer until combined and stiff peaks form.
- Split the frosting into three bowls.
- In one bowl add 2 drops of teal food coloring and mix until you have a light teal color.
- In the second bowl, add 3-5 drops of teal food coloring until you get a dark teal color.
- Leave the third bowl white.
- Fit a piping bag with a large star tip and place the bag into a large cup and fold the sides over the edge of the cup.
- Take a big spoonful of the light teal frosting and spoon it onto one side of the piping bag.
- Take a big spoonful of the white frosting and spoon it next to the teal color.
- Take a big spoonful of the dark teal frosting and spoon it next to the white icing.
- Remove the piping bag from the cup and squeeze it together.
- Frost the top of the cupcake with the frosting. The frosting should come out in a swirl of colors.
- Using the gold cake spray, lightly spray the white part of the frosting and then spray the dark teal lightly with the spray.
- You might want to use a paper towel or something to shield the exposed cupcake from being sprayed gold.
- Lastly, add some of the gold cake sprinkles on top of the cupcake.