This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheMoodStrikes #CollectiveBias
After a few years of marriage or being together, the freedom to be spontaneous tends to fall by the wayside. It happens to all of us. But, it can also happen to women due to hormone fluctuations. Having children, getting older, all these things can lead to vaginal dryness, which then leads to less spontaneity in a relationship. And nobody wants that.
A couple weeks ago I was in Walgreens, and I saw K-Y® Liquibeads. I decided to give them a try. Vaginal dryness is something I’ve been dealing with since my youngest was born, and I was breastfeeding. I thought this would be one less thing to think about when we want to be intimate.
Do you ever have issues with vaginal dryness? It can be painful and embarrassing, but it’s normal. K-Y® Liquibeads are inserted once every 3-4 days so that when the mood strikes, your body is ready to go without needing extra, messy lubricants. One less thing to worry about!
K-Y® Liquibeads are easy to use:
- Each package comes with 6 ovule inserts and 6 applicators.
- Remove one ovule from the blister pack and insert it into the top of the applicator.
- In a relaxed position, insert the ovule just like you would insert a tampon.
Once it’s in, you don’t feel a thing. This can be done once every 3-4 days. The instructions also suggest using a pantyliner in case there is discharge. If you are pregnant or nursing, make sure to consult a doctor before using this product.
Click HERE to get a $1.00 OFF coupon for K-Y® Liquibeads.
Nate and I are doing this marriage thing the second time around, so we are both committed to making intimacy an important part of our relationship. We love to spice it up and keep our relationship feeling new. Here are a few ways we do that – Five Ways to Spice Up Your Relationship:
1. Just Do it – even if you don’t want to. Sure, intimacy can feel like a chore sometimes. There are times Nate asks me to come to bed, and I don’t want to stop what I’m doing. But, I usually stop what I’m doing for him, and truly, after a few moments, I’m very much into it. 😉
2. Try something new. Get out of your comfort zone to ignite that passion. Kiss passionately on a blanket in the backyard under the stars. Try something new in the bedroom. Take him on a date night to do something you’ve both never done before. Trying something new can be very exciting for both of you.
3. Surprise him. Send him an intimate text message with what you want to do to him tonight. Or take a picture of a bottle of whipped cream and text “Dessert, anyone?” to him. Or you could create a romantic treasure hunt just for him – check out my tutorial for this HERE.
4. Wake him up in the middle of the night. This can be hard when you have a new baby or a toddler who still wakes at night. This is something Nate and I are starting to do a little more. Sometimes we set the alarm an hour before it’s time to get up in the morning. Intimacy is a great way to start the day.
5. Give him a sensual massage with body butter. This is one of my favorite things to do. Recently, I whipped up a chocolate mint body butter for us to try out. There’s just nothing hotter than a slow, teasing sensual massage to get you going.
Here is my recipe for this intoxicating body butter. It has peppermint essential oil to give that warming/cooling sensation.
Need a great smelling body butter for that sensual massage for your spouse? Try this Chocolate Mint Body Butter!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cocoa butter
- 2 oz beeswax
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a double boiler with the heat on medium, melt coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax completely to a clear liquid.
- Remove from heat and add almond oil, vanilla, and peppermint until completely dissolved.
- Place in the fridge and allow to cool completely - this took me about 40 minutes. But, check it regularly.
- Remove from fridge and whip in the electric mixer on high for 7-8 minutes until it forms soft peaks.
- Remove from mixer and place into mason jar or other containers.
After making this recipe, I found that you need to allow the oils to cool completely in the fridge. I pulled mine out too soon and it would not whip up. So, I probably cooled it for 40-45 minutes — until the bottom of the bowl was completely cold. Then, it whipped up beautifully. Just make sure your oils are opaque and completely cool before pulling it out to whip up.
Giving a sensual massage to your partner can be very tantalizing and lead to a wonderful time for both of you. Here are a few Do’s & Don’ts for a great sensual massage.
Do: Create a calming environment. Take all the distractions away and put on some soft, sensual music to set the mood. You want to concentrate on giving your partner a massage.
Don’t: Put body butter directly on your partner’s skin. Rub it between your hands to warm it up to prevent it from being shockingly cold.
Do: Have plenty of towels available. The more body butter the better, but it can get messy, too.
Do: Consider the temperature. I’ve read it’s best to keep the temperature about 75 degrees so your partner can be comfortable and not too cold when fully undressed.
Don’t: Apply pressure to the spine and back below the ribs. Your partners kidneys do not want to take a beating. Be gentle with that area.
Do: Focus on tension areas. Men tend to have tension in the lower back and women tend to have tension in the neck and shoulders.
Do: Vary your massage strokes. Repetitive movements can lull your partner to sleep and you don’t want that. Figure out what feels good to your partner and change those up.
Don’t: Stop the massage and say “My turn!” It can be quite the turn off for your partner. I think the most important part of giving a sensual massage is not insisting on getting one back. It’s such a great slow tease to turn your partner on for more things to come.
Keeping your relationship fresh and spontaneous is one of the best ways to keep your relationship strong and make it last. What tips do you have to keep your relationship exciting?: