I participated in a Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for First Response. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
There is nothing like finding out you’re going to be a mommy. It almost feels surreal to see that line come up on the test. You can’t even believe it at first!
I’m going to admit one of my dark secrets here and now. When we are trying to get pregnant, I become obsessed with pregnancy tests. I have to keep a stash of them in the house at all times, so I can start checking as soon as possible during that two week wait. My favorite is First Response because it can detect so early.
I know they say about 6 days sooner than your missed period, but First Response Pregnant Test has always been the brand I trust because I’ve gotten even earlier results. When I called my ob/gyn with the positive test with my last baby, she was impressed I had a positive test just 7 days past ovulation.
Right now we are casually trying to get pregnant in that we’re not preventing it. I want one more baby before I hit 40. (OMG I can’t believe I just wrote that. Wasn’t I just in high school?) I’ve had infertility issues in the past because my hormones can get out of whack. So when I’m ready to get pregnant, I have to take medication like steroids and progesterone.
Here are my favorite seven tips to get pregnant. These have worked for me three times!
1. Get a preconception checkup. It’s a good idea to get any underlying medical problems under control for an easier pregnancy.
2. Get to know your cycle. This is the best way to get pregnant faster. Figure out your ovulation window using Ovulation Prediction Kits or tracking your basal body temperature.
3. Take prenatal vitamins. Folic acid is so important in early pregnancy during baby’s development. Make sure you’re taking it or getting enough in your diet.
4. Do lay low right after intercourse. Laying down for 10-15 minutes allows the sperm to get into the cervix. There is no evidence putting your feet up in the air does anything as your pelvis doesn’t move. Also, don’t use the bathroom for 10-15 minutes afterwards as well.
5. De-stress as much as you can. Stress and worry can make the time you’re trying so much harder.
6. Use Fertility Tests. If it is taking longer to get pregnant than you think it should, fertility tests for both you could give you piece of mind or let you know where you might need help.
7. Test with First Response! It’s the only test that can detect pregnancy 6 days before a missed period, so you’ll know sooner!
First Response has responded to women’s evolving needs with the newly-engineered “Comfort Sure Design” test stick. Less mess with a better design than the typical flat stick! Now it features a curved design which makes using a pregnancy test easier with a longer handle, 50% wider tip, and an easy-to-read results window.
Check out these other features:
- FDA approved
- Designed to detect all relevant forms of urinary hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) throughout pregnancy
- Detects pregnancy as early as 6 (six) days before the day of your missed period
- Easy-to-read results in 3 minutes with over 99% accuracy from the day of the expected period
- Two pink lines is a pregnant result
- Test can be used at anytime of day
- Pricing and Availability
- Available at all major drugstores, mass and grocery stores
- Retail Value: $8.99 – $15.99