This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupsNewMustard #CollectiveBias
Here in Texas there are these fried chicken fast food chains that make this chicken sandwich that my family drools over. It’s basically two rolls smushed (is that a real word?) together with a chicken tender inside, and it’s drizzled in honey mustard. A few weeks ago when I was grabbing the New Heinz® Yellow Mustard and some popcorn chicken, I decided to try making them myself.
And you know what? These are a snap to make! Even if you don’t cook, you can make these. They’re perfect to go along with hamburgers and hot dogs during grilling season, too. They’ve quickly become a favorite here with the tang of the Heinz Yellow Mustard and sweetness of the honey. I put a few in a gallon size ziplock bag already made up in the fridge, and Nate and the kids can grab one and heat it up for a quick meal or snack. Why haven’t I thought of this sooner?
We go through ketchup and mustard like it’s going out of style. When I was picking some up at Walmart the other day, I saw that there was a new mustard available — Heinz Yellow Mustard. You can find it literally right above the Heinz Ketchup. It comes in 8, 14 and 20 ounce bottles, and it’s also available at other major retailers nationwide.
Heinz has been making food taste good for almost 150 years, since 1869, and now they’re applying that expertise to mustard! They use a secret blend of spices and vinegar for the perfect balance of flavor and tang all with 100% natural ingredients, including stone-ground mustard seeds.
My favorite thing about Heinz Yellow Mustard is that there’s no more watery mess! Don’t you just hate that?
They have designed their new Mustard with a top-down squeeze bottle so you don’t have to shake the bottle before using it! Plus, there’s no more soggy bread! The new Heinz Yellow Mustard is a thicker mustard that sits on to and doesn’t sink into the bread and make it soggy.
You can make these super duper easy chicken sandwiches in one big batch in a casserole dish. All you need is a bag of frozen rolls, a bag of frozen popcorn chicken, Heinz Yellow Mustard and honey. It’s that simple!
You can make these two ways – in the microwave or in the oven. I like to make them in the oven for a little crustiness to the bread and chicken. If you’re doing the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees. Spray the casserole dish so the rolls don’t stick. Then lay out enough rolls to cover the bottom of the pans.
Next, pick the biggest popcorn chicken pieces and lay one down on each roll.
Add another roll to the top of each popcorn chicken.
- If you’re doing the oven method and you want to make them even more irresistible, brush on some melted butter before putting them in the oven. Then, bake for 15 minutes.
- If you’re doing the microwave method, one to two sandwiches takes just a couple minutes. If you’re doing and entire casserole dish, then run them for 5 minutes and check and then, an additional 3-5 minutes if necessary. Remember, microwaves vary!
Once they’re out, squirt some mustard and honey on each one, and serve!
Here’s a video so you can see how amazingly easy these chicken sandwiches really are:
#OnTheBlog later tonight! Make the easiest chicken sandwich ever with the new Heinz Mustard! @Walmart #KetchupsNewMustard #ad #cbias #food #foodporn #yum #instafood #yummy #amazing #instagood #photooftheday #sweet #dinner #lunch #breakfast #fresh #tasty #foodie #delish #delicious #eating #foodpic #foodpics #eat #hungry #foodgasm #hot #foods
A super quick chicken sandwich!
2 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 2 dozen frozen rolls
- 12 big pieces of popcorn chicken
- Heinz Yellow Mustard
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray casserole dish.
- Lay out 12 rolls in the casserole dish.
- Place a piece of popcorn chicken on each roll.
- Top with another roll.
- Optional: Melt butter and brush the top of each sandwich with butter
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When out of the oven, add a squirt of mustard and a squirt of honey on top of each chicken.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Optional: Use the microwave oven and cook for 5 minutes on high, check and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes as needed.