I do not like making cinnamon rolls. They take FOREVER – even the recipes that claim are fast are not fast. The yeast has to work. The dough has to rise. The butter has to soften. So, I never make them, but I want to. I know I’m kinda crazy. 😉 Then, the other night I was laying in bed and realized I could turn puff pastry into cinnamon rolls. Thus, Puff Pastry Cinnamon Nut Rolls were born!
It’s already rolled out into a rectangle. I don’t have to wait for it to rise. All I have to do is the fun part of cinnamon rolls. So that’s what I did. Except this time, I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®. I never remember to set butter out to soften, and when I put it in the microwave to soften, I usually melt it. This is one of the reasons why I love I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®
Straight from the fridge, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is deliciously spreadable, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften! And you can use it for spreading, topping, sauteing, cooking or baking. I was able to just measure out enough spread and mix it with cinnamon and brown sugar right immediately and slather it on. This is the way I’m making cinnamon rolls from now on!
They recently reformulated I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® so now it’s made from real, simple ingredients you can recognize like a delicious blend of plant-based oils, purified water and a pinch of salt. The new spread has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter, and it’s offered in the Original, Light, and Olive Oil varieties. It’s also a source of both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, as well as a good source of omega-3 ALA. It’s also made from non-GMO sourced ingredients.
Check out how simple it is to make these cinnamon rolls. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have cinnamon rolls on the table! The puff pastry just makes them delectable. The crispy layers of the puff pastry makes you think of baklava, which is why I added chopped up walnuts to the insides. The nuts just give them an extra “oomph.” But, you can certainly make them without nuts, I’ve done that a couple times now.
For the frosting, I made a cream cheese frosting. In place of butter, I once again used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® and it whipped up beautifully. Here’s the recipes:
An easy and FAST cinnamon roll recipe using puff pastry.
5 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 box of puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!Â®
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!Â®
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Defrost the puff pastry overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375. Place a cookie sheet underneath the rack to avoid spillage.
- Mix together I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!Â® , brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Lay out one puff pastry.
- Smear the sugar mixture all over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with walnuts (skip this step if you'd like).
- Then tightly roll it up.
- Slice each roll about 1 1/2 to 2 inches (I get 6 rolls from 1 puff pastry).
- Place in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat together spread, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Slather on the top of each cinnamon roll while still a bit hot.
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® offers fresh butter taste and is unbelievably delicious. It can be used for spreading on toast, topping corn on the cob, sauteing vegetables, making fluffier eggs, or baking delicious cakes. For more great-tasting recipes, click HERE.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.