This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I love coming up with new ideas to decorate my home for Halloween. Usually I spend a lot of time decorating the outside, but this year I’ve been working on DIY inside decorations. I made this fun Letter Art for the ledge between my kitchen and living room using the Skittles & Starburst 30 Pack from Sam’s Club.
We don’t have a fireplace with a mantle, so this ledge is where I usually decorate for things I’d usually put on a mantel. It’s where we hang the Christmas stockings, and it’s where I like to decorate for Halloween, too.
Over the weekend, I was shopping at Sam’s and saw the Skittles & Starburst 30 Pack from Sam’s Club. For such a great price, I had to pick up a couple. I like to buy packs like these and hide them from my kids. Then, when we go to a movie or the high school football games – to cheer on Miss Em in the color guard – I have a little surprise for the kids.
I also like to get these packs for parties and set the candy out in bowls. And what kid wouldn’t love a full size candy at Halloween? Remember that excitement when you found one in your candy bucket after trick or treating? We are having our first Halloween party this year, and I’ll be handing out packs of Skittles and Starburst.
I had bought these paper mache letters to spell out BOO for a Halloween project. Then, I decided it would be fun to make the project out of candy! So, I opened all the packs of Skittles and sorted out the purple, green, and orange candies – which was a total bummer because those are my favorite flavors! 😉
I had a 2-ft black picture ledge that I had never hung on the wall. I thought it would work great with the letters so they wouldn’t fall over after I covered them in candy. You’d be surprised how heavy they get when covered in Skittles. Then, I purchased some little decorations from the dollar store – black birds and the glitter skull – to complete the decoration. I just love it!
Are you ready to make this fun decoration? Here is an easy picture tutorial. Scroll down and you’ll find the supplies and instructions.
Boo! Halloween Letter Art Tutorial
- Paper Mache letters to spell out BOO.
- Black acrylic paint and brush
- Skittles candies sorted into purple, green, and orange
- Hot glue gun
- 2-ft picture frame ledge in black
- dollar store Halloween decorations
- Paint the letters black and allow to dry overnight.
- Sort the Skittles into green, orange, and purple (Halloween colors!).
- Begin hot gluing the Skittles in random colors all over the letters.
- After letters are covered, hot glue each letter to the picture ledge on the bottom and at the back. Allow to dry.
- Next, attach fun dollar-store decorations like blackbirds or glitter skulls, pumpkins, etc.
- Then, add your display to the Halloween decorations on your mantle, nook, or ledge in your house!
Let me know if you make this. I can’t wait to see it! What other Halloween decorations do you like to DIY?
@SamsClub #SweetOrTreat #CollectiveBias