This is a sponsored post for Sverve. All opnions are 100% my own.
I love Halloween and part of that is making my own decorations and costumes. I can’t remember the last time my kids had store bought costumes. It’s such a fun creative outlet for me to challenge myself, and this year is no exception.
All three of my kids have finally settled on costumes. My youngest is going to be a crazy cat lady. My middle son is going to be Gandalf the White (he INSISTS on being the white version). And, my teenager has settled on Medusa (with a lot of shameless prodding from me).
Last year she was a headless lady (tutorial coming later this week!), and it was a huge hit at school. I wanted to come up with something that would be just as fun, and what’s more fun than snakes coming out of your hair?
I had a heck of a time coming up with how to get the snakes in her hair so they would be secure. Believe it or not I could not find much at all on Pinterest for what I wanted to do. So, I created my own tutorial, and I am loving how this came out. I’m ready to wear it myself.
Medusa Snake Headband
- Headband with teeth
- 15-20 small snakes from the dollar store (I bought 2 packs of 10)
- gold spray paint
- glue gun
1. Spray paint all the snakes and the headband.
2. Hot glue the snakes all over the headband so that they go straight up. I attached mine on either sides of the headband and in the middle I inserted the ends into the holes of the top of the headband and glued them.
3. Next, trim off the ends of the snakes so that the headband will still fit snuggly.
Check out the Medusa makeup tutorial and how to hide the headband in your hair – HERE!
This weekend you can wear your new snake headband to Walmart’s Farm Rich Smokehouse tasting event! This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (10/24-/10/26) you can sample the new Farm Rich Smokehouse dry rub products! Check your local Walmart for times. Don’t forget to grab a $1.00 off coupon HERE before going.
Check back in a couple weeks for a Halloween meal I’ll be sharing with this new line of delicious pre-shredded meats. This new Farm Rich line features all natural meat like:
- Pulled Beef Briskey in a Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- Double Rubbed Dry Smoked Pork
- Double Rubbed Dry Smoked Chicken
These dry rub pre-shredded meats have no preservatives and are perfect to have on hand to throw into a favorite recipe (pizza, casserole, tacos, etc). They’re fully cooked and already shredded, making family dinners that much easier! Plus, they’re priced at only $6.97.
To learn more, follow Farm Rich on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.