[disclaim]This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.[/disclaim]
Are your kids as excited as mine to see the new Peanuts movie? I have to admit I’m just as excited, too. It’s coming November 6th! I grew up watching all the Charlie Brown specials. Do you remember the Great Pumpkin? I remember being terrified when they were in the pumpkin patch looking for him.
Right now Albertsons & Safeway stores will be the exclusive grocery partner for the upcoming release of the Peanuts movie. They are giving away reusable Peanuts shopping bags that you can use as trick or treat bags right now! You have to purchase at least three of the items listed below to get it for FREE!
There’s a quite a few on this list that I buy all the time, so I just stocked up.
- Horizon Organics
- Coke (Honest and Pure Leaf)
- Johnson & Johnson
- Pop Secret
- Snack Pack (ConAgra)
- Schwan’s (Red Baron’s)
- Rich Products(sugar cookies and cakes in the deli)
- ACH Foods/Spice Islands
Then I turned some of these items into fun Peanuts-themed treats and eats! Your kids will love these, and they can totally help make them!
First, we just turned our Snack Pack pudding into Charlie Brown pudding with some black markers to draw the black chevron on the bottom of his shirt. Totally easy!
Next, we whipped up some Great Pumpkin pudding cups and made little pumpkin patches. Here’s the ingredients:
- 1 sleeve of chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 pack of Snack Pack pudding in chocolate
- 3 candy pumpkins
- Green glitter icing
We crushed the cookies in the food processor, then piled the crumbs on top of the pudding. Next, we added three candy pumpkins and added green glitter icing vines.
Your kids will love adding the “vines” to the pumpkins with the green glitter icing.
Last, we used the PopSecret popcorn and made Charlie Brown popcorn. This stuff is so good. It’s basically chocolate covered popcorn and then we adding yellow and black sprinkles.Print
A quick and easy movie treat!
- 2 bags PopSecret Homestyle microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 teaspoon of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon black sugar crystals or sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon yellow sugar crystals or sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn and shake the bags until the loose kernels fall to the bottom.
- Carefully pour out the popcorn so you don’t get any loose kernels.
- Next, melt the candy melts until smooth — microwave 30 seconds a time and stir until they are completely melted.
- Add the oil to the candy melts and mix well.
- Then pour the candy melts all over the popcorn.
- Using your hands, work fast to mix the popcorn into the candy melts.
- Next, add the sprinkles and mix again with your hands.
- Allow the popcorn to cool so the candy hardens onto the popcorn.
- Category: Snack / Dessert
- Cuisine: American
We even found some yellow treat bags and added Charlie Brown’s black chevron pattern before filling them with Charlie Brown popcorn to enjoy while movie watching!
Right now you can enter to win an amazing Snoopy giveaway! You could visit Snoopy’s home in California! Check it out HERE! And, don’t forget to head over to Albertson’s and grab your Peanuts themed bags while supplies last!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.