This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ricola Dual Action Honey. All opinions are 100% mine.
We have been through the ringer the season. Between strep and croup, all of my kids have been sick over the last few weeks. As a mom I don’t have time for a cough and sore throat to knock me down. As soon as I feel either one of them coming on, I start doing one of my tried and true ways for dealing with cough and sore throat.
1. Stay Hydrated – It’s amazing all the things water can do for you. I start increasing my water intake when I feel a sore throat or a cough coming on because often they are caused by postnasal drip. Thinning those secretions can help alleviate both of these.
2. Gargle with salt water – This can work wonders on reducing the swelling and irritation of a sore throat.
3. Ricola Dual Action Honey Lemon – These are my favorite drops. Ricola Dual Action Honey Lemon drops provide the natural relief for your cough and sore throat with a liquid center that’s effective in relief for these symptoms. When my husband’s sick, these are always his go to for his cough and sore throat. I try to keep them everywhere — the car, my desk, the kitchen — so I can easily just reach for one when I need it. They have saved me when I needed to make long phone calls or be anywhere in public with a cough or sore throat. They are available at Walmart.
4. Vaporizer or Humidifier – I break out the humidifier when I feel a cough or sore throat coming on. Adding some moisture to the air can really help your symptoms. Many times when I get a sore throat, I also get hoarse and lose my voice, and running my vaporizer at night really helps.
5. Drink Something Warm – Tea and coffee are often my go to drinks when I start to feel sick. They really help me get through the day. My favorite is a little sugar in some blueberry tea.
6. Take a steamy shower – I have to admit this one is my favorite. Not only does it help alleviate a bad cough or an irritating sore throat, it’s just so relaxing and makes me feel so much better when I’m under the weather.
The next time you start to feel under the weather with a cough and sore throat, try a few of these remedies and see how you feel. Make sure to stop by Walmart and pick up some Ricola Dual Action Honey Lemon drops to keep on hand.
What is your favorite tip for helping a sore throat and cough?