This is a sponsored post for Buddig. All opinions are my own.
Do you have an influential Meal Maker in your life?
I’ve had a few. My grandmother-in-law taught me how to make amazing cream gravy. My mom taught me how to cook so many things, but the special one for me is my grandma. Here’s a little video about her:
She was always putting interesting combinations together when it came to casseroles and pies. This Mexican Tortilla Lasagna is very similar to a dish she would put together.
Mexican Tortilla Lasagna
This is an easy recipe that you can change up so easily. I often make it after we’ve had taco night or some other Mexican dish. Leftover rice and beans make this dish so easy to do. And, you can put it together however you want. There is no right or wrong way to make a Mexican Tortilla Lasagna.
Here’s a video to show you how I like to make it:Print
This Mexican Tortilla Lasagna is so easy to make. It’s perfect for leftovers from a TexMex or taco night. And, there’s no wrong way to put it together!
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- cheddar cheese (10 slices or 2 cups of shredded)
- 2 packages of Buddig turkey lunchmeat
- 3 cups Taco/Mexican rice
- 1 jar salsa
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Sliced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a square baking dish with canola oil.
- Start with adding a third of the salsa to the bottom of the pan.
- Next, layer 4 tortillas to cover the salsa.
- Now add half the rice.
- Cover the rice in 1 package of Buddig turkey lunch meat.
- Layer the black beans over the lunch meat.
- Add a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Add the second half of the rice over the cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas.
- Then, top the tortillas with the second package of Buddig turkey lunch meat.
- Add another layer of cheese.
- Lay the last layer of tortillas.
- If you have any cheese left, layer it again.
- Then, pour over the rest of the salsa.
- Top with jalapeno slices if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing and serving.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
75 Years with Buddig
Carl Buddig and Company is celebrating 75 years of feeding family traditions by paying tribute to “Meal Makers.” They want show their gratitude to everyone who has made more than just a sandwich bringing families closer together. They’re having a huge sweepstakes and giving customers a chance to win up to $75,000 worth of prizes! Here’s what you need to do:
Make a 1-minute online video submission to the company’s website as a thank you to the “meal makers” who made an impact in your life — like my video above! Head over to the sweepstakes and look for the “Share Your Story” tab and enter your video. Each submission will be eligible to win up to $25,000. Winners will be selected by the authenticity of their story, context relevance, audience appeal, quality of their video and by the number of votes they receive.
Check out the prizes:
- Grand Prize Winner – One lucky winner will be awarded $25,000 and will receive an additional product “Prize Pack” at $125 value.
- First Prize – Four candidates will receive $7,500.
- Second Prize – 20 candidates will receive $750.
- Additional Prizes – Throughout the 13-week promotion, five candidates will be selected to receive $75 each week.
Candidates must be 18 years or older at the time of entry. The promotion is open to applicants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and is limited to one submission per household. The deadline for submission is Aug. 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST. To upload your video or get more information, be sure to visit www.thankyou.buddig.com
Wait! There’s more!
We’re also giving away Five (5) Buddig Prize Packs! We’ll be picking 5 Winners! Enter below for your chance to win one! Each prize pack includes:
- lunch bag
- a stuffed Buddig Bull