[disclaim]This is a sponsored post on behalf of Walmart®. All opinions are 100% mine. #gfwalmart[/disclaim]
My youngest daughter has a best friend at school who has celiac disease, which means she has to eat a completely gluten free diet. During class parties and snack time at school, she always has to have a separate treat from everyone else. Even at just 5 years old, she knows what she can and can’t eat.
Whenever I bring snacks up to school for their class, I try to plan something that is gluten free, so she can share in the same foods as everyone else. I know as a kid it can feel unfair when you’re a little bit different.
One easy treat is Quaker® Popped. They have so many flavors available from Caramel Corn to Ranch. They are rice crisps that are a perfect alternative when you need to avoid gluten. My favorite is Caramel Corn.
I grabbed some at Walmart this weekend and whipped up a delicious treat with roasted peaches and cream cheese. The best is – it’s completely gluten free! Here’s how to easily whip these up.
The first thing I do is roast the peaches on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Usually I roast fresh peaches, but mine were hard as rocks. Since I was going to smash them down a bit and make almost a compote, I chose to roast a bag of frozen peaches.
Roasting fruit is surprisingly easy. I spray some olive oil on a cookie sheet, lay out the fruit and then put it in the oven. A regular size bag of peaches at Walmart will be plenty to top an entire bag of Quaker® Popped crisps.
After 15-20 minutes, the peaches are roasted to perfection. Scoop them into a bowl and do a little mashing with the back of a fork.
Next, set out the Quaker® Popped crisps in Caramel Corn flavor and add about a teaspoon of whipped cream cheese to each one. When you purchase cream cheese, make sure to check if it’s gluten free.
Next, add smashed roasted peaches to each crisp and top them off with a dash of cinnamon.Print
A perfect little gluten free snack. You can whip these up for snacks, appetizers, and dessert.
- 1 regular size bag of frozen peaches (or about 2–3 large peaches), sliced
- 1 bag of QuakerÂ® Popped rice crisps
- whipped cream cheese, gluten free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil. Empty the bag of frozen peaches onto the cookie sheet OR[br] If you are using fresh peaches, remove the skin and cut them in half inch slices. Then, lay the peaches out on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scoop up the peaches into a bowl and gently mash with the back of a fork, just to make the slices into smaller chunks.
- Lay out the rice crisps onto a plate and spread about a teaspoon of whipped cream cheese onto each one.
- Then, top each one with 1-2 pieces of peaches.
- Sprinkle each with a dash of cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer / Snack / Dessert
- Cuisine: American