This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggoWaffleBar #CollectiveBias
Eggo Waffles are one of my favorite things to eat, and I enjoy them for more than just breakfast. I was super excited to find the Eggo Waffle Bar Truck at my Walmart the other day. The Waffle Bar Truck will move a total of 200 times over 100+ days, all the way through September. Find when it might be near you!
My husband is currently off on paternity leave since I’ve had the baby, so we enjoyed ourselves some decadent ice cream sundae waffles in the middle of the day last week. They were delicious and inspired me to come up with a tasty treat for us at home — Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches. After our waffles, we headed into Walmart to pick up supplies for our waffle ice cream sandwiches.
We picked up Kellogg’s Eggo Homestyle Waffles. Then, I decided our waffle ice cream sandwiches were going to have a bit of flair with some Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping and Jif Creamy Peanut Butter mixed in. I also picked up some Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and some M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Candies.
Creating a waffle ice cream sandwich bar is a great idea for your next dessert bar for an upcoming summer party. Just set out a few toppings like hot fudge, peanut butter, candies and more, and let your guests make their own!
Here’s how we make our favorite waffle ice cream sandwiches:
I love my Kellogg’s Eggo Homestyle Waffles to be crispy, so I started off my toasting them in the toaster oven. Have you heard? Delicious News! Eggo waffles now have no artificial flavors and colors from natural sources. This includes the full product line.
- 2 Kellogg's Eggo Homestyle Waffles
- 1/3 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Smucker's Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- 1 tablespoon M&M’S® Minis Milk Chocolate Candies
- Toast the waffles according to the package.
- While toasting, swirl the peanut butter and hot fudge into the ice cream.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture on the first waffle.
- Add the second waffle like a sandwich and smush down.
- Dip the sides of the sandwich with the ice cream into the candies.
Serving Size: 1 Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich | Calories: 515
That’s all there is to it! Sit back and relax and enjoy a nice waffle ice cream sandwich just in time for summer!
Don’t forget to see if the Waffle Bar Truck is coming your way!