- 6 plums, sliced 1/4 inch thin
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Slice the plums into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the plums in a nice circular pattern around the bottom of the pan.
- Combine brown sugar, water, and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3 minutes and stir.
- Heat for an additional 2 minutes and stir. If still runny, heat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the plums and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in an electric mixer and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix on medium for 30 seconds.
- Beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium.
- Gently cover the plums with the cake batter using a spatula.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before placing in the fridge for a few hours to completely cool and to allow the plums to gel together. I put mine in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, gently remove the sides of the spring form pan. Flip the cake over onto the serving plate, and with a sharp knife, gently go around the edge of the bottom of the pan so it will release.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh whipping cream in the middle of the cake.