Remember the Monterrey House and those little leche quemada treats in the chip basket? Now you can make your own Leche Quemada fudge. It’s delicious!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans – OPTIONAL
- Use a disposable foil loaf ban or layer a loaf pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, warm the evaporated milk on medium until it’s hot, and then, add the white and brown sugar.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it reaches a rolling boil.
- Add the marshmallow creme. Stir and stir and stir until the marshmallow creme is completely melted.
- When the mixture is back at a rolling boil set the timer for 5 minutes. STIR CONSTANTLY! Do not stop stirring until the timer goes off.
- When the timer goes off, pull the pan off the heat and immediately mix in the vanilla.
- Drop in the butter, as one big piece is fine, and let it sit for 2 minutes without stirring. The butter will almost completely melt at the end of the 2 minutes. Then, vigorously stir until well mixed.
- Pour entire contents into loaf pan and allow to set until firm. Be quick because this sets fast.
- Remove from the loaf pan and cut into squares.
- Store in a covered container for up to a week.
If adding nuts, add them when the 2 minutes is up and you are mixing in the butter.
Keywords: leche quemada, brown sugar fudge, penuche, penuche fudge