- 2–3 packages of refrigerated pie crust
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- Mix the blackberries and sugar together and let sit at room temperature, stirring up every 15 minutes for 45 minutes to macerate the berries.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6-inch circles.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of blackberries to half the pie circles.
- Brush the edge of each pie circle and then cover with another 6-inch pie circle.
- Pinch the edges together.
- Once you’ve made all the pies, set them in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- When they’ve chilled, preheat 2-3 inches of oil until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Add 1-2 pies at a time. Allow them to fry until golden brown and then flip over and do the same.
- Gently remove to paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- Serve after they’ve cooled.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.