This Cream of Mushroom Chicken Casserole is simple to make and baked in less than hour for an easy weeknight meal.
- 2 12 oz cans of chunk chicken, rinsed, drained, and shredded
- 1 package of orzo pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1 can of cream of chicken mushroom soup
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of milk, half and half, or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook the orzo pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain, rinse, and shred the chunk chicken.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, mushroom soup, salt, water, milk, and mozzarella cheese.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add it to the chicken mixture.
- Stir until it’s all well combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the pan.
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the Ritz crackers.
- In a medium bowl combine the crackers, butter, parmesan cheese, and garlic and mix it up.
- Spread the cracker mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole for 35 minutes until bubbly.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American