- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3–4 strips of thick bacon
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon or dry red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can of baby carrots
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 bag of frozen pearl onions
- 1 can diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Marinade the stew meat in 1 cup of wine for a few hours or overnight.
- In the bottom of a dutch oven, cook the bacon and break into smaller pieces.
- Remove the bacon and leave the grease.
- Remove the stew meat from wine and mix with flour.
- Brown the stew meat in the bacon grease.
- Add the garlic.
- Add back the bacon.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes with the juices.
- Add the pearl onions.
- Add 1 cup of wine and 3 cups of beef broth.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 2 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.