- 1 butter or yellow box cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, melted
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- Melt butter and add brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and sour cream until moistened. Then, mix on Medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full. Then, add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon/sugar mixture. Swirl with knife or toothpick.
- FIll cupcake liners 2/3 full. Then, add an additional 1/2 tsp of cinnamon/sugar mixture. Swirl with knife or toothpick.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until done.
- While still hot, spoon over each cupcake about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon/sugar mixture and smooth over the top of each cupcake.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes