6 cups of Cocoa Crispy Rice Cereal
4 cups of mini Peppermint marshmallows
4 tbs butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
10-12 candy canes, crushed
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan. Measure 6 cups of cocoa rice crispies in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan with medium heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallows into the cocoa crispies and stir until well coated.
- Then, pour the coated rice crispies into the 13 x 9 pan. Take a piece of wax paper and lay it over the entire pan and press down firmly to easily spread the rice crispies throughout the pan. (No sticky hands or spoons!!) Let them cool for a couple hours.
- While they are cooling, crush the candy canes. I used a ziplock bag and a hammer.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips on medium heat in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds. (Mine were completely melted in 1 minute). Stir in peppermint extract.
- Cut the rice crispy treats into 2 x 3 inch squares.
- Dip the top of each treat into the melted chocolate, then into the crushed candy canes.
- Allow to dry for a couple hours.
- Serve and enjoy!