Make your own grenadine the skinny way!
- 2 cups (16 oz) 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- the juice of one blood orange (substitution can be the juice of a small lemon)
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 1/2 oz limeade vodka
- 1 tsp maraschino cherry juice
- 4 oz low calorie lemon-lime soda (7UP TEN or Sprite Zero)
- crushed ice
- maraschino cherries to garnish
- Squeeze the juice from one blood orange and set aside.
- Combine pomegranate juice and Truvia over a medium fire.
- Add the blood orange juice and stir.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Allow to come to a rolling boil and then let it continue to boil for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- When stirring check the consistency and as it starts feel a bit thicker, remove from heat.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge.
- In a glass pour the grenadine on the bottom.
- Add the crushed ice.
- Then, slowly add the vodka.
- Next slowly add the soda for a layered look.
- Garnish with cherries on a toothpick.
- Category: Drink Alcoholic drink
- Cuisine: American