- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1/4 cup of homemade roasted garlic and olive oil (probably about 6–7 cloves)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or rice vinegar)
- 2 zucchinis, cubed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5–6 servings of white rice
- Begin cooking rice as needed.
- Wash and cube the zucchini.
- Preheat large skillet for 1-2 minutes on medium high. Add sesame oil and garlic. Smush the garlic cloves while cooking. Wait for garlic aroma to develop for a minute before adding ground beef.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add zucchini when beef is fully cooked.
- Immediately add the brown sugar, lemon juice, and soy sauce, Then stir.
- Add the sesame seeds. Stir again.
- Once everything has been coated in the sauce, turn the fire up to high to thicken the sauce.
- Cook for an additional few minutes. When you can scrap the thickened sauce off the bottom of the pan, remove from heat.
- Spoon over white rice and add a little shake of sesame seeds. Add chopped green onions for garnish as needed.