Homemade Refried Beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 1 piece of raw bacon
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 package of Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 1 pkg of Fajita seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 cup of water
- Add both cans of plain pinto beans to saucepan and cook over high heat.
- Add a piece of raw bacon to get that smoky ham flavor.
- When the liquid has cooked down just a bit, remove them from the heat.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Then, smash them with a potato masher until desired consistency and serve.
- Chop bell peppers and onions into small slices.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbs of oil.
- Once oil is hot add the veggies. Let them cook 1-2 minutes before adding chicken.
- Mix up 1 cup of water and fajita seasoning. Then, pour it over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook several minutes until the liquid is mostly gone and the chicken is hot and the veggies start to caramelize.
- Remove from heat and serve in tortillas.