These Valentine Volcano Cookies are so simple to make and come out amazing! When you slice one open, it melts into delicious goodness.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix with the egg and butter.
- Separate the cookie dough into 3 bowls.
- Add 5-6 drops of pink food coloring gel to one bowl.
- Add 6-8 drops of fuchsia food coloring gel to the second bowl.
- Keep the last bowl uncolored.
- Using disposable gloves, knead each cookie dough until the food coloring is completely mixed in.
- Cover and refrigerate each dough for about 30 minutes.
- Add the mini cupcake liners to the mini muffin pan.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough at a time and roll it into a ball. Place each ball into a cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- While they are baking unwrap the HERSHEY’s Lava Cake KISSES.
- When the cookies are ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- At the 2-3 minute mark, push an UPSIDE DOWN HERSHEY Lava Cake KISS into the center of each cookie cup.
- Pop them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Do not touch the cookies while they are cooling because the kisses will be very melty and easily can get messed up.
You can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe OR you can just pick a mix up at the store….OR you can even buy refrigerated cookie dough and just knead in the food coloring.