Stuffed pork tenderloin is a faster alternative to turkey for your holiday meal
- 2 packages of sweet cornbread mix – make and bake according to instructions ahead of time.
- 1 package of boxed stuffing
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sage (more if needed by taste)
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 pork tenderloins, split lengthwise down the middle
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl once it has cooled.
- Add the boxed stuffing.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir until all of the breading is moistened. Let it sit for a few minutes to soak it all up.
- Next mix in the three eggs.
- Add the melted butter and sage and stir until well combined.
- Cut the pork tenderloins down the middle, but not all the way through.
- Open each tenderloin up, and spoon dressing all along the middle.
- Close with about 5-6 toothpicks holding the sides together.
- Brush with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, check the meat thermometer. They should be at least 145 degrees.
- Once they have reached 145 degrees, turn on the broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloins from the oven and let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Bake the leftover dressing in an 8 x 8 casserole for 45 minutes on a lower shelf in the oven while the tenderloin is baking.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American