French Toast Cupcakes
- 1 loaf of Cinnabon swirl bread
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar of apricot preserves or any other fresh or frozen fruit
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups of milk, half/half, or combination
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin.
- Divide the bread into 2 or 3 stacks and with a large knife cube it into small pieces.
- Mix the butter and 1/4 cup of brown sugar until well combined. Then, place a spoonful in the bottom of each muffin tin and spread it to cover the entire bottom.
- Combine the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Fill half of each muffin tin with cubed bread. Then add the milk mixture just up to the bread cubes, and let it soak in for a couple of minutes.
- Add a spoonful of cream cheese to each cupcake and spread it over the bread
- Next, add a spoonful of apricot preserves (or a few berries or sliced fruit). Add the fruit to cover the cream cheese.
- Then, add bread cubes up to the top of the muffin tin.
- Pour additional milk mixture up to the top. At this point, it probably looks too full, but the bread will soak it all up.
- Use the second 1/4 cup of brown sugar and sprinkle over the tops of the cupcakes.
- Cover with foil and let it sit in the fridge overnight or at least for 1 hour.
- If using a jumbo cupcake tin, bake for 20-25 minutes until they are “set.” If using a regular cupcake tin, bake for 15-20 minutes until they are “set.”
- Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, whip up some fresh whip cream as the “frosting.”
- In a chilled mixing bowl, add 1 cup of whipping cream and 1 tbsp powdered sugar.
- Beat on high for a few minutes until soft peaks form.
- Spoon over cupcakes and serve.