- 2 pie crusts
- 1 pint of blueberries, washed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 egg (or heavy cream)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, and corn starch. Then, set aside.
- Lay out each pie crust and cut 4-inch diameter circles (I usually get 5 and then roll out the scraps for 1-2 more).
- Cut a small slit or small shape in the center of the “top” crusts.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay out half the circles for the “bottom” crusts.
- Beat the egg. Then, using a brush, brush around the edges of each crust.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of blueberries to the center of each crust.
- Lay the “top” crusts on the tops of each pie.
- Use a tool to pinch the edges of each pie crust closed. (I found the end of a toddler fork works wonderfully)
- Brush the tops with either an egg or heavy cream.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until golden.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 pie