A delicious frozen treat for adults for those hot summer days.
- 1 can of Canada Dry Mandarin Orange Seltzer water
- 3 cups of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle of champagne or sparkling wine.
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water and heat in the microwave until it boils (about 1 1/2 minutes). Stir and set aside to cool.
- Squeeze half a lemon for about a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- In an 8 x 8 pan combine lemon juice, 3 cups of orange juice, the simple syrup, and 1 can of Canada Dry Madarin Orange Seltzer Water.
- Mix well.
- Place in the freezer.
- Stir or break up granita with a fork every 30 minutes for the first hour.
- Then, break up granita with a fork at the 2 hour mark.
- At 3 hours, it’s ready to serve.
- Add about 1/2 cup of granita to a glass. Then pour champagne or a sparkling wine over it and serve.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American