These Valentine cupcakes are just adorable made to look like Love Bug Monsters!
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C (1 stick) of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powder sugar
- 3 – 5 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a #4 tip
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a grass tip
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and line cupcake pan with the liners.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 C of powdered sugar and roll the red fondant out to 1/8th inch thick.
- Cut out 44 hearts for the ears.
- Set aside to dry.
- Using the circle cookie cutter, cut out 22 rounds from the marshmallows for the eyes.
- Pipe a dollop of chocolate frosting onto the center of the marshmallow.
- Place a M&M onto the frosting.
- In a standing mixer, combine the butter, powder sugar, vanilla, and the heavy whipping cream.
- Mix on medium speed until stiff and creamy.
- If you still see powdery pebbles, add in 2 more tbsp heavy whipping cream.
- Continue to mix until stiff and creamy.
- Beat in a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until fully combined and frosting is a dark pink color.
- Scoop some frosting into each piping bag.
- Pipe squiggly lines all over the top of the cupcake.
Decorating the Monster Love Bug Valentine Cupcakes
- Place a “eye” in the center of the frosting.
- Please two red hearts into the top sides of the frosting for the ears.
- Place a mustache into the lower center of the frosting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: cupcake, valentine's day, treat, cake