This Leftover Turkey Casserole is so easy to put together, and it takes just 20 minutes to bake. Your family will love this comfort food for a simple weeknight meal.
- 3 cups shredded turkey
- 1 lb of orzo pasta
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack)
- 2 10 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of half and half
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a dutch oven.
- Add the orzo pasta and let it boil on high for 4-5 minutes. Then, turn off fire and cover with the lid. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, until most the water is soaked into the pasta.
- Shred the turkey.
- If the orzo pasta is still watery after 10 minutes, drain it. If the water is mostly soaked up, then skip this step.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and cheese to the pasta and mix.
- Using the empty cans, fill one with water and one with half and half and add to the pasta mixture.
- Add the turkey and mix up until completely combined.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with olive oil spray.
- Transfer the turkey casserole mixture to the pan.
- Melt the butter.
- Crush the Ritz crackers.
- Combine the butter and Ritz crackers.
- Spread the cracker mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.