Simple stuffed zucchini dish, perfect for the grill
- 3–4 zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Turn the grill on to about 400 degrees.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Drain the diced tomatoes and mix into the ground beef over medium low heat.
- Add the ricotta or cottage cheese and mix in thoroughly. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare the zucchini by cutting it in half and scooping the insides out with a spoon.
- Add a few tablespoons of the meat mixture to each zucchini half.
- Top each zucchini with slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Place each zucchini onto the grill. Close the lid.
- Allow to cook for 8-12 minutes. Check it often. You don’t want mushy zucchini.
- Remove when cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian