- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scooped out
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- Beat the ricotta cheese for a minute.
- Add the vanilla bean paste or seeds of the vanilla bean.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Combine sugar, salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the ricotta mixture as it mixes on a medium speed.
- Once it’s ready, transfer it to a pastry bag or a gallon zipper bag.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Pipe about an inch of batter and drop it into the hot oil. Pipe about 6 at a time.
- Remove from the oil when golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Dust with powder sugar.
- Enjoy immediately.