This easy fruit salad recipe is just perfect for those holiday get togethers.
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 20 oz can fruit cocktail salad, drained
- 1 16 oz maraschino cherries without stems, cut in half
- 1–2 tablespoons of juice from the maraschino cherries
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. powder sugar
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans
- Use a mixer to combine cream cheese, whipping cream, powder sugar, and maraschino cherry juice.
- Gradually add more maraschino juice if needed.
- Beat until combined and soft peaks form.
- Fold in all fruit, marshmallows and nuts.
- Chill several hours or ideally, overnight before serving.
- Feel free to leave out the pecans.
- Substitute whipped topping (Cool Whip) in place of heavy whipping cream.
- If your maraschino cherry juice does not get the fluff pink enough to your liking, add a little red food coloring.
Keywords: cherry fluff, cherry fruit salad, fruit salad, fluff salad, ambrosia salad, ambrosia