- 12 oz Frozen Raspberries
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the raspberries, lemon juice, egg yolks, sugar, and salt and cook, mashing the berries.
- Stir frequently at first and then constantly toward the end until you feel it thicken. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Towards the end, at about 7-8 minutes or so, add the cornstarch.
- Pour the mixture through a coarse strainer set over a bowl, pressing hard on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. If you still see seeds, do it again because your curd should come out smooth with no seeds.
- Cool to room temperature for several hours; the curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, or for up to 1 month.