A healthy and hearty meal to serve on cold nights, and it’s done in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz. pinto beans, drained
- 8 oz. black beans, drained
- 1/2 can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 grated orange peel
- Heat olive oil in medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sautÃ© until golden brown. Add chili powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth and potatoes, cover pan and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until potato is almost tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add tomatoes with juices and pinto and black beans. Add corn. Simmer uncovered until chili thickens and potato is very tender (10 minutes).
- Mix in orange peel and Italian seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Category: Chili/Stew
- Cuisine: American