- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
- 3–5 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package of Duncan Hine’s Frosting Flavor Creations – cotton candy flavor
- 1/2 quart-sized tub of real cotton candy
- Topping: Cotton Candy Pop Rocks
- With your electric mixer using the whisk attachment whip the butter on high speed until it’s very pale and very fluffy. This takes about 5-7 minutes. Make sure you frequently scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, flavoring powder, cotton candy and mix on low speed until blended. Check the consistency to see if you need to add more milk or powdered sugar.
- Once it’s not too heavy or runny, then increase your mixer speed to medium and beat until very light and fluffy. I usually leave the mixer on about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Using a large star tip, swirl the frosting high.
- Just before serving, top off with Cotton Candy flavored Pop Rocks. If you do this too early, the Pop Rocks will melt.