Make this the night before and put it in the fridge to soak the egg/milk mixture up. If you are making it on the same day, allow it to sit for at least an hour before baking.
- 1 loaf of Cinnabon swirl bread
- 1/2 loaf of sandwich bread
- 1 stick of butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries (or frozen) or other fruit
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups of milk or half/half
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix together eggs, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- In a 13 x 9 pan, melt butter and mix in 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Tear up half of the bread and place in pan.
- Spoon the softened cream cheese over the bread and spread it around.
- Add blueberries.
- Pour half the egg/milk mixture over the casserole.
- Tear up the rest of the bread and cover the blueberries and cream cheese.
- Pour the rest of the egg/milk mixture evenly over the entire casserole.
- Sprinkle the last 1/4 cup of brown sugar over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and allow to sit overnight in the fridge (OR allow to sit for AT LEAST 1 HOUR).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to sit after baking for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes