This was adapted from a lovely raspberry lemon cake recipe I found. Here is the original recipe for the curd. It is the easiest one I’ve found.
- 12 oz Frozen Raspberries
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the raspberries, lemon juice, egg yolks, sugar, and salt and cook, mashing the berries and stirring frequently at first and them constantly at the end, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Towards the end, at about 7-8 minutes or so, add the cornstarch.
- Pour the mixture through a coarse strainer set over a bowl, pressing hard on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Cool to room temperature for several hours; the curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, or for up to 1 month.