Caramel Apple French Toast
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 can of caramel apple pie filling (Lucky Leaf brand)
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups of milk (or 4 cups milks + 2 cups Half & Half)
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce (or dulce de leche)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a 13 x 9 pan, melt stick of butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix together to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Tear up 1/2 of the loaf of bread and place it in the pan.
- Mix together milk, eggs, caramel sauce, cinnamon.
- Spoon the caramel apple filling all over the torn up bread in the pan.
- Pour half the milk mixture over the entire pan.
- Tear up the second 1/2 of the loaf of bread over the apple pie filling.
- Pour the last half of the milk mixture of all the bread.
- Take 1/4 cup of brown sugar and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove casserole from fridge and place on top of oven. Â When oven is ready, remove plastic wrap and bake for 35-40 minutes or until done (it will be firm and not squishy when it’s done).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American