This Baked Apples in the Slow Cooker recipe is perfect for 4-6 apples in the slow cooker.
- 6 large apples
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats (or walnuts)
- Wash and core apples, but keep the bottoms. You can use a melon baller or paring knife to core the apples.
- Pare off a 1-inch strip of the skin around the top of the apples to prevent splitting.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and oats (or walnuts) together in a bowl.
- Fill each apple with the mixture.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker and add the apple juice around the bottom of the apples.
- Turn the slow cooker on high heat and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until apples are soft when poked with a fork.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, whipped cream, or as is.
If you need more apples, get medium-sized ones as large ones take up a lot of space.
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: dessert
Keywords: baked apples, apples, healthy dessert