Brining your pork chops will turn them into moist and tender deliciousness.
- 8 pork chops
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups salt
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar, heated to just boiling
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- Heat the apple cider vinegar until it’s just reached boiling.
- While it’s heating combine the sugar, salt, peppercorns, and mustard powder in a large bowl.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- If you have time, let it sit for 5-10 minutes as the flavor will develop.
- Next, add the ice and mix it up a bit to help the ice to melt.
- Then, add the pork chops.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Don’t go over 2 hours or the chops will be too salty.
- Remove them from the brine and rinse.
- Grill the pork chops on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American