- 1 package of chocolate hostess ding dongs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- Black, Red, and Golden Yellow gel food coloring
- 4 disposable piping bags with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bot
- Unwrap the Ding Dongs and place them on a wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the egg whites, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream of tarter and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into four bowls.
- Add a little bit of food coloring into three of the bowls. One color per bowl.
- Leave the 4th bowl white.
- Scoop a little bit of the red, black, and golden yellow frosting into 3 piping bags and set aside.
- Using the remaining amount of the red icing, add 1 tsp of water to thin the icing.
- Then, pour that icing into the squeeze bottle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of powder sugar into the white icing and mix until combined. The icing will be thick. Then, scoop it into a piping bag.
- Using the black piping bag, pipe Santa’s belt in the middle of the Ding Dong.
- Using the red piping bag, pipe an outline for the top and bottom part of Santa’s suit.
- Fill in the red outline with the thinned red icing in the squeeze bottle.
- Fill in the black lines with the black icing in the piping bag.
- Let the Ding Dongs dry for 30 minutes.
- Using the golden yellow icing, add a square line in the middle part of the belt.
- Add 3 black dots in the middle of his suit going vertical.
- Let dry for another 30 minutes.
- Using the thick white icing, pipe the white trim on the bottom of his suit.
- Let ding dongs completely dry for about 1 hour before enjoying!