- 1 white box cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup of water
- white buttercream frosting
- red, white, blue M&M’s®
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add cupcake liners to muffin tins.
- Add all ingredients to cake mix. Beat on medium low for 30 seconds.
- Then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Separate batter into 3 bowls. Keep one white, add red coloring to one, and blue coloring to the other.
- Spoon red, then white, then blue to 2/3rds full of each cupcake.
- Bake for 24-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare buttercream icing.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, ice each cupcake with buttercream.
- Then embellish with M&Ms!