- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 packet of dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- olive oil for frying
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine honey, sugar, and water in a microwave safe container. Heat for 3 minutes on high.
- Stir, and then heat for an 3-5 minutes until it has come to a rolling boil.
- Remove from microwave and stir one last time.
- Let cool for a few minutes before putting it in the fridge to cool for an hour or so.
- Combine lukewarm water and yeast and stir until yeast is well combined in the water. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt and mix together.
- Add the milk and mix together again.
- Once the yeast has been activated. Add about half of it and stir and then the second half and stir until you get a runny pancake batter consistency.
- Cover with a clean towel and put in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- When it has doubled in size, heat up about 2-3 inches of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, drop about 6 spoonfuls of dough at a time.
- Flip them over when golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- When the donuts are all made, pour 3-4 ladles of honey syrup over the donuts. Then, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.